Monday, August 4, 2008

Summertime Getaway










Me and the "little" kids (Jeff & Jake couldn't come) made the trip up north to my sister's in Idaho. They had a great time with cousins and it is cooler, so playing outside for a change was a joy (for kids and parents alike). We went to Lava Hot Springs for the first time and that was lots of fun. All the kids were so brave. The boys jumped off the diving platform and Anissa did both water slides by herself! It's so pretty up there...it ALMOST makes me think I could live there. I say almost because I've also seen it covered in snow during the winter. It was so nice to see family and get a break from the duldrums of Vegas heat. Thanks for letting us visit your little "peace" of Idaho!

1 comments:

The Lords said...

You made me smile!! I have wonderful memories of Lava Hot Springs. We would go there every summer growing up. They had the platforms but not the fun slides. Great pictures--the one of the sunset was beautiful.