Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree...


Last year we had to retire our pre-lit artificial tree (after about 10 years of faithful service...I think we got the $35 we paid for it at Walmart's Black Friday sale!) This year we debated, should we buy a new one now or get a real tree this year and wait for the after Christmas sales. I decided I just wanted to get the artificial...real are beautiful for about 5 days and it never quite seems worth the money. So I go to Costco and they are ALL GONE. I called the other Costcos in town and Henderson ("of course!" Ha Ha...you long time locals will get that joke) is only one that had any left and they only had 3. So, I hoped in my van and trekked clear across town only to find out that their computer wasn't up to date! They were out too. I asked if they'd get anymore and she said no, they're getting ready to go into their summer stuff?? I didn't think it was unreasonable to hope to find a tree on Dec. 8th! So, I guess next summer when they get all the Christmas stuff out, I'll have to go ahead and get a tree then!

1 comments:

Allison Barnes said...

did you find one yet?? What a bummer.