Monday, April 13, 2009

Spring Break

Well our passport situation didn't turn out as planned. Our order of 4 passports must have been split up between two different people because we got two applications back saying the print quality of the photos wasn't acceptable (I printed at home), so I had to send in new prints and then later got the other two passports, so I guess the person doing those two thought the quality was just fine. Instead of leaving the poor two kids with no passports home, we planned an alternate vacation. We went to Hearst Castle, Monterey Bay Aquarium, and Sequoia National Park. We put quite a few miles on the car, but it was a great trip. The weather was beautiful and the scenery is magnificent. The kids loved it (even a certain 16 year old said it was one of our best trips so far!) Here's a few highlights. I won't make you look at all 446 pictures we took...no joke, we had to buy a new card for the camera...love that digital photography!

PS...I'm still waiting on one more passport...


0 comments: