Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Wisdom Comes at a Price...

Just ask Jake! He had the great pleasure of having all four wisdom teeth removed on Friday. Anyone who knows Jake, knows he is a reader, a researcher, a seeker of all knowledge (especially all those totally random bits of info on the Internet that will help him win on a game show some day...he remembers everything he reads, so if you ever need to phone a friend...) Anyway, in preparation for the big day, he decided to read all about wisdom teeth and their removal on wikipedia. Including lovely graphic photos of the process and the aftermath. I think he was a little freaked out. I wish I had a video camera so you could all see how funny he was after...but I didn't so I'll just try to convey the humor. Just imagine all of Jake's words were spoken with the true slur of a drugged out post-op patient. When he first woke up, he had a totally shocked look on his face and said "What happened?! Oh yeah....wisdom teeth" "whattimeisit? Whataretheintructions?" Asleep again. Four minutes later "Whatimeisit? Didtheytheygiveyouthe intructions?" Asleep again. "How'd Iget in thischair?" Laughing "I had a funnydream" Asleep again. He was quite adamant about the instructions. This went on for about 25 minutes until he was awake enough to go home. As we walked to the car (well actually he floated) he said chuckling "CanIdrive? Hahaa". He slumped into the front seat and said "Thatwasnsoobaaad". I just thought "Yeah you think that now...poor kid" As it turns out it wasn't too bad. Only about 1 1/2 days of real pain and his cheeks didn't even really swell up too much. Here's the one photo I took (I need to be better about remembering my camera)



2 comments:

Cort said...

Not bad at all. When I had mine out I couldn't talk and Carlos was driving me home (we had just gotten engaged) and I wrote a note to him that the nurse said she licked me ring. I meant liked but I couldn't even write right. Good times.

email and phone numbers said...

Heh, not too bad! Riley swelled up BIG & stayed that way for days! Glad it's over for him!

ps...thanks for bringing Jonah back to the party. It's no fun without him!!