
This is one of my favorite pictures of Jake. What a trend setter...he wore rubber bands on his wrist before it was trendy! He also loved Sponge Bob before he was a common household name. He'd watch it at his grandparents (because we didn't have cable) and tell me all about it. I had to make him a toy out of an actual sponge and pipe cleaner!
I cannot believe my baby burrito is 18 years old! (I can't believe I'm old enough to have an 18 year old!) It seems like time has flown by way too fast. I didn't really think I'd be one to get all emotional about my kids turning 18, but I must admit I got a little teary today when I thought about how little time we really have left with him. He is a joy mostly. This is a big milestone and makes me wonder & hope I've taught him well. I hope I can continue to teach him. He's been applying for scholarships and therefore got a letter of recommendation from a teacher at school. It was such a lovely letter...makes me so proud that others can see all the things I love about Jake. He's always been an independent child with a mind of his own. It was so funny when he was little and we would take him to the park to play, he would be engaging all the parents in conversations. And, I'm gonna brag a little bit here, he gave lectures in nursery about "momentum"! He loved Bill Nye the Science Guy. His mind is a sponge. He's the one to call when you need to phone a friend on Millionaire. Well enough of that. As you remember from the last post, the birthday theme was turning out to be FIRE! So, to totally counteract all of that we took Jake to see a show on the Strip. We went to Le Reve at the Winn... it's a really cool Cirque du Solei show with a water theme. We all loved it! I'd never seen a Cirque show before. I know, pathetic for a native Las Vegan! It was everything I though it would be: awesome, beautiful, strange, creepy, amazing! Here are a couple of pictures from before & after the show (oh how I wished we could take pictures of the show itself!)
I cannot believe my baby burrito is 18 years old! (I can't believe I'm old enough to have an 18 year old!) It seems like time has flown by way too fast. I didn't really think I'd be one to get all emotional about my kids turning 18, but I must admit I got a little teary today when I thought about how little time we really have left with him. He is a joy mostly. This is a big milestone and makes me wonder & hope I've taught him well. I hope I can continue to teach him. He's been applying for scholarships and therefore got a letter of recommendation from a teacher at school. It was such a lovely letter...makes me so proud that others can see all the things I love about Jake. He's always been an independent child with a mind of his own. It was so funny when he was little and we would take him to the park to play, he would be engaging all the parents in conversations. And, I'm gonna brag a little bit here, he gave lectures in nursery about "momentum"! He loved Bill Nye the Science Guy. His mind is a sponge. He's the one to call when you need to phone a friend on Millionaire. Well enough of that. As you remember from the last post, the birthday theme was turning out to be FIRE! So, to totally counteract all of that we took Jake to see a show on the Strip. We went to Le Reve at the Winn... it's a really cool Cirque du Solei show with a water theme. We all loved it! I'd never seen a Cirque show before. I know, pathetic for a native Las Vegan! It was everything I though it would be: awesome, beautiful, strange, creepy, amazing! Here are a couple of pictures from before & after the show (oh how I wished we could take pictures of the show itself!)




1 comments:
Love the pictures. We made a copy of the first one of Jake. Such a handsome, wonderful grandson!!
Post a Comment