At least that's what Jake pointed out when he noticed a trend for the weekend of Aidan & Jonah's birthdays! Aidan turned 15 on January 28th this year. Since your friends are way cooler than your family when your fifteen, he spent his birthday evening with them...booohooo! Anyway, on Saturday morning we lit his candles and were singing "Happy Birthday" while he goofed off and made his usual silly faces for the picture I was trying to take. Suddenly he smelled something funny. He burnt his hair! He rushed upstairs to put out the flames (just kidding), but luckily he was due for a haircut anyway, so we had to rush right over and get the "burnt" bits trimmed off! Needless to say, I didn't get my picture, but here's his cake...

Continuing with the theme. I was making Jonah a giant cookie for his 13th birthday on January 30. I'd made one last year too, but didn't remember that it doesn't take the whole batch of dough. So I put the entire batch of chocolate chip cookie dough on my pizza stone (with no rim) and patted it into a lovely circle and placed it in the oven. I checked on it midway through and saw that it was running off the edges and dripping all over the bottom of the oven! "Yuck! What a mess I'm going to have to clean up" I thought, but left it in since it wasn't done. A bit later I checked again and the drips were FLAMING in the oven. Aidan got a little freaked and went looking for the fire extinguisher. But I wanted to try to save it, so I just closed the door and turned off the oven and let the flames burn out. Had to open all the window so the smoke alarm wouldn't go off. I did actually save a nice circle from the middle. Funniest part...Jonah slept through the whole thing! An exciting start to the new year! Happy Birthday to my Aidy Boy & my Donut!
PS Jake is scared!

0 comments:
Post a Comment