Tuesday, January 6, 2009

My future flashed before my eyes...

During Christmas break Anissa was invited to the movies by her friend and so she asked her Dad for money...


I thought, "This is so funny...is it starting already!? She's only six." We always put their allowance right in the bank. Maybe we should be better about actually handing them some cash every once in a while so they can learn to pay tithing, budget their money and not always just ask us...
Along those same lines, Jake spent the Christmas break working at the ski rental shop Jeff worked at as a teenager. I think he was pretty excited at the thought of all that money. The one drawback he mentioned was, "Now when I need money for movies or food, I won't be able to just ask you guys". He also came home with a brand new sweatshirt he'd bought with his own hard earned money and an employee discount...maybe this working thing will have some appeal after all.


4 comments:

Allison Barnes said...

what a cute picture! Just wait... the amount of money they want gets bigger and bigger!

Cort said...

That's outstanding. I hope Carson can go work there when he's old enough. I love the family tradition.

suzanne said...

i love her little purse.

she's growing up way too fast!

email and phone numbers said...

oooh, it's starting already! she looks like she's got daddy wrapped around her little finger...just where he should be!